Interviewa aims to guide you through the process of applying for a range of medical and surgical subspeciality of your choice. Our resource aims to maximise your chances of a successful application through insights of those who have been there before and crucial tips applicants wished they knew prior to the application process.
Our services comprise of the following:
World’s first audio depository of interview answers of successful candidates to a range of past interview questions. We are proud to present our top interviewees who have gone through successfully to secure a training position.
For the first time, you have the opportunity to listen to interviewees perform under real pressure in the mock interview. Non content cues such as tone and volume, exact word-choice are captured to give you an accurate idea of the interview process and on how to ace it.
- More than One Right Answer. Listen to multiple answers for each question, pick your favourite and personalise them for your interview.
- Rating system. Our content of answers continue to grow every year, hence our rating system is designed to help you find what is thought to be the best answer by other members.
- Deidentified. All voices have been digitally deidentified to protect the privacy of our members.
- Powerful tool. Harness the collective strength of your predecessors to prepare for whats ahead.
2. Past Interview and Commonly Asked Questions
Our bank of questions contain past interview questions submitted by previous candidates. Most interviews recycle some questions from previous years with slight variations to the clinical scenario. Whether its a laparotomy for bowel obstruction, ureteric injury, AAA rupture, compromised neuromuscular bundle in a partially amputated digit, the underlying principles remain the same. Our aim is to prepare members with an approach and ability to think on their feet; rather than memorise exact answers or supply leaked questions. Having a mindset that relies heavily on repeat questions only sets oneself up for failure because of the element of surprise.
Our preparation is focused on ingraining the competencies being tested, constructing a mature thought process and framework, and coaching to convey them clearly and confidently.
3. Sample answers
4. Virtual Interview
Introducing another world’s first to push the limits of our service. Practice interviewing on your own from home. Our simulation will generate 5 random past interview questions to put you on the hot seat. The interview is recorded for you and stored in the cloud, receives feedback from our panel and peer-reviewed. You can also access the Virtual interview Audiolibrary to compare your answers with others and rate their answers.
Take us anywhere by using Autoplay on your phone. Whether you are stuck in traffic, in the gym, or going for a run, you can now maximise your coaching time by listening to interview superstars.
6. One on One Interview Coaching
Private interview coaching sessions held with our experienced interviewers which comprises of the following:
- 2 x 45 minute interview coaching sessions
- online access to your recorded interview sessions for your review
- detailed report on interview style, strengths and areas of improvement
We will offer you insights into things that worked well and the things that did not. Interviewa provides an avenue for you to peek inside the lives of previous applicants who were in your shoes not long ago. We will also show you the mistakes that have been made by some and share the things they wish they had known before it all began.